Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tomato Basil Turkey Cutlets

So, my family loves to eat turkey cutlets. If you are wondering what they are comparable to, I would say like thinner slices of chicken breast. They cook up really well and are a good alternative to eating chicken all the time. My husband first bought them to cook at the fire station while at work and I was like "Hey, I have been wanting to try those. Let me know how they are". So, ever since then we cook them often. I was looking around for another way to cook them and came across this recipe on another coach's blog.

I am trying out this recipe tonight. It is in the oven as I am typing this post!!!

Ok, so the smell was amazing while it was cooking!!! The hubby liked it as well as the kids, so it will be a keeper at our house! The recipe called for canned diced tomatoes, but since it's summer and GA grown tomatoes are in season, I used one of those!  Here is the recipe:


Tomato Basil Turkey Cutlets
Ingredients:
  • Dried Basil
  • Garlic Powder
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • Fresh diced tomato or 1 can diced tomatoes (low sodium)
  • Turkey Breast Cutlets (3)
  • 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
Directions:
Place a piece of foil in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Place turkey cutlets on top. Then, sprinkle with basil, garlic powder, chopped onion, diced tomatoes and then top with mozzarella cheese.

Then, cover the dish with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
I served the Turkey with a side of brown rice and sauteed squash and onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10