Friday, March 21, 2014

Clean Eating Cauliflower Crust Pizza

So this evening's dinner menu was cauliflower crust pizza. Now that I am on the 21 Day Fix, I watch my starchy carbohydrate intake more than I used too (yellow containers). Being I only get two yellow containers a day, I have to think about substitutes for certain dishes or just do without a starchy carb for that meal. I have been trying to have my yellow containers earlier in the day so I have more time to burn it off! I found a recipe on Pinterest and then tweaked it to my own and broke it down by containers for the 21 Day Fix. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this pizza was. The only complaint I have is that I should have spread the cauliflower dough out a little thinner and made it even crispier. Other than that, it was delicious!

Now, I just made ours with veggies that I had here at the house, but you can put any clean meats and veggies that you like! Get creative and I hope you enjoy! By the way...the pics below have some mozzarella string cheese on them because I didn't have quite enough shredded cheese at home! Improvise!

Now, if you are doing the 21 Day fix here is the serving size and the containers to count:
2 slices = 1 green container and 1 blue container

 

Clean Eating Cauliflower Crust Pizza (makes two pies)

5 cups grated cauliflower (about 1 large head)
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
2 1/4 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup fire roasted crushed tomatoes
3 cups grape tomatoes (sliced), sliced black olives, peppers and mushrooms
2 tsp. chopped garlic
Dried Basil

Directions:
Line a pizza stone (pizza pan will work too) with parchment paper (trimmed in a circle), and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have a two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
 

Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat onto a round pizza stone into a 10 in pie.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.

Top the pizza with the sauce, garlic, 1/4 cup mozzarella, veggies and dried basil. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Makes 8 slices per pie! ENJOY!!


It was very tasty, but I will use more cheese next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10