Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Exercise and Eating Healthy to Reduce Stress

I will never forget what Elle Woods said in the movie Legally Blonde about "Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy...happy people don't shoot their husbands! They just don't!" This is all so true. Do you really feel like killing someone after a good workout? I know I don't! I feel like a million bucks and that no one can touch how glorious I feel! Staying active and following a healthy diet can really help with stress in your life. I have experienced this first hand over the last several weeks. I have had some pretty stressful situations in my life here lately and when I have went for a run, walk or worked out to my Focus T25 program it really helped relieve the tension in my body. Another reason you want to exercise and eat healthy is because if you do get really stressed and your body's immune system is weakened by an unhealthy lifestyle, you could get really sick.

 Don't make excuses to not exercise or eat healthy. There are so many ways to fit it into your busy lifestyle. If you don't have an hour to devote to the gym or you hate the atmosphere of the gym, then go for a walk, run or invest in some at home workout videos. I love my Beachbody workouts. They are a life saver if it is raining out and most of the programs have shorter workouts in case you don't have much time that particular day. My T25 workout is 25 minutes and I am done! I feel like a million bucks when I'm done and relieved stress from my day! Also, if you think you can't prepare a healthy meal at home in a flash, well think again! There are many options. You could get a bag of already washed salad greens, throw some meat on a grill or in your oven and cook up some couscous to go with it...20 min dinner, tops!!!! And with Fall here, what else is better than some homemade turkey chili in the crock pot while you are away all day! It's healthy comfort food and it's done when you get home! If you are out on the go and need to eat out, plenty of restaurants and fast food chains have healthier selections...don't give in to the fatty foods!

So, when you think about all the stresses in your life and think "Ugh, I just want to hit someone!", go get your workout on and clean up your diet...it will all pay off when you are not sitting in a doctors office!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coemj2qdWMw

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10